Colleague training is an opportunity to learn about and experience Clubhouse philosophy, culture, relationships, and the day-to-day operations of a Clubhouse model program. Whether starting a new Clubhouse or moving an established Clubhouse to a higher level of operation, the goal of the training is to help colleagues implement and enhance a Clubhouse model program in their own communities.
- Three-week training program
- Offered twice a year, by reservation
- For first-time Participants: Tuition includes training and lodging for the Clubhouse director, one staff person and one member.
- For established Clubhouses: Tuition includes training and lodging for one member and one staff person.
- Tuition also includes training and lodging for a director or individual with administrative oversight who joins in the third week of the experience.
- A post-training site visit to the new Clubhouse by members of the training team is provided approximately six months after the training. (Costs more than 500 USD must be covered by the Clubhouse).
The training curriculum, developed with Clubhouse International and re-evaluated on an on-going basis, enables colleagues to immerse themselves in the Clubhouse community. This includes:
- A solid background in the basic Clubhouse mechanics and philosophy
- Participation in the work units of Fontenehuset i Oslo, situated in a classic old building from 1870, renovated in 2016 with a brand new fourth floor.
- Hands-on experience in transitional employment, the means by which Clubhouses help members to obtain and maintain employment.
*Click here to view the accommodations we use at Oslo Apartments.
For more information on Colleague Training or booking, please contact the Employment & Education Unit by phone at +47 21 41 64 95 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 Colleague Training Sessions:
April 9-27 (3 weeks)
November 5-16 (2 weeks)
Click here for more information and costs